The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
advises the following to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like coronavirus:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, use hand sanitizers when water is not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands
- Avoid sharing personal household items suchs as glasses and eating utensils
- Clean all "high-touch" surfaces, including doorknobs, phones, and tabletops.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid large gatherings and maintain distance (apporximtely 6ft.) from others when possible.